I am going to be completely honest: I am a very happy woman right now.
I love this time of year because there is always so much going on. There are so many parties to go to, friends and family coming together, the holidays are around the corner…it is all just very festive and fun!
BUT, this time of year is usually a total ghost town when it comes to work in my career (unless you are currently on a series that is shooting until Christmas break, like how it was on 30 Rock).
Because I haven’t been on a series in a few years though, the months of November/December have been complete dead zones for me. I guess that is fine, but there is also something about finishing off the year with no work that just feels like a bummer. I think everyone in my position feels it a little bit, but the excitement of other festivities sort of gloss over that negative feeling, you know?
I don’t know about you, but I like finishing the year accomplished and excited about what is to come in the new year. It just makes me feel so much better mentally and emotionally.
That’s why this year has been a big surprise for me. I have been so lucky to work on so many amazing projects this year, and I already have a few lined up for 2018…but the really surprising part of it all is how much I have been working at this time of year! The usual dead zone time.
You all probably know about my month in Vancouver and the movie in Kentucky a week before that…but I now have some other exciting news to share with you!
I can’t share TOO much just yet, so don’t get that excited…
I booked a small recurring role in a VERY cool miniseries created by some VERY cool people.
That’s all I can tell you about it right now (I am sorry)! As soon as I can share more news, I definitely will!
SOOO, in light of that news….let’s move on to the running in a bathing suit part, shall we? I know that’s probably what you really wanted to know about haha!
SO, I start working on this new project early next week and my scenes on day 1 are in a bathing suit. But not only in a bathing suit, mind you. Get ready for it….I will be running around in a bathing suit! Running around on camera for dramatic scenes….IN A BATHING SUIT!!
I mean…if that doesn’t make you start panicking a little bit, I don’t know what will!
I feel good about how I look in a bathing suit, that’s not the concern here….the concern is the idea of running in one. I mean…that leaves a whole lot to go wrong, you know? There’s no hiding ANYTHING when you are running in a bathing suit.
SOO…I have a week to prepare…mentally and emotionally. What’s my game plan?
- I am not drinking alcohol from now until I shoot. Alcohol really does make my body puff up and when I cut it out I notice SUCH a difference. The trouble is that I have a lot of holiday parties this weekend, so I will probably have a couple of drinks over the span of the weekend, but I will keep it light and minimal. Think a boring vodka soda with a squeeze of lime. So I guess my “no alcohol” rule is kind of a bust, but hey, you gotta live a little, you know?
- Next, I am just going to cut down on portion sizes of food and cut out snacking. I love to snack, so when I cut it out, my body responds well and I start looking really lean. Small servings and no going back for seconds for me until after bathing suit day is complete. Any snacking that I do will be with green juices- to make sure I get enough healthy greens without feeling bloated or too full. Green juices are my flat-stomach secret!
- Cut carbs and eat anti-inflammatory foods! The carb cutting is the obvious one, but adding more anti-inflammatory foods to my diet will help keep my body from swelling, bloating or encountering any weird digestive problems. I am ALL about an anti-inflammatory diet! Think healthy fats, salmon, walnuts, blueberries etc.
- I am amping up my workouts and squeezing in some doubles. I am doing pilates reformer classes or hour long HIIT classes in the morning and then going for a 3 mile run or a 4 mile hike in the afternoon. Doing two workouts during different times of the day keeps me energized and burning all day long. Plus, this time of year is pretty light for me work-wise so I have a lot more time on my hands to fit in more workouts!
- LOTS OF AB WORKOUTS! I will be doing this plank series non-stop, and using my sliding disks at home at night in front of the TV instead of drinking wine, which is what I would normally be doing. I am a huge fan of plank variations and pikes on sliding disks when it comes to ab moves- they really work your core and give you that cinched in look.
That’s it! I will make sure to document all my progress as the first shoot date gets closer….AND I will post some photos from set on the day so you can give me some much needed words of encouragement!
Wish me luck!